It goes to 11 (or 10)

Mythic+

This weeks' combination of Sanguine and Overflowing was about as easy a combination as we could ask for. The frustration came from our keys continuing to upgrade to the same dungeon, Vault of the Wardens. You could say I've spent some quality time with Cordona last week. 

The highest our group has done is plus 9, and we decided to make our push for plus 10. Since we had gotten so much practice on Vault, that was key we chose. Our other option was Halls of Valor which I've only done on Mythic0. 

The run didn't start out well. My mic cut out right before we started. I managed to get it fixed, but it cut out again after the first boss. I could still hear, but my team could no longer hear me. Towards the end of the night, it died completely. I've only had the thing about 3 months. It was a Logictech, and I've always had great luck with their products. I guess I finally got a dud.

We knew were pushing the limits our group. Plus 10 gives the bosses a metric ton of health to burn through. The first boss did a mechanic where a beam formed between his glaives. I've never noticed it before. I'm not sure if we killed him too quickly on our earlier runs or he uses different tactics each time. I didn't handle it well and ended up wiping us. The second go at, I understood the mechanic and he went down. Whatever small margin of error we had going on evaporated.

We one shot the rest of the bosses and hustled our way to Cordona. We pulled her with under 3 minutes on the timer. My team gave it everything we had, but in the end, we wound up about 20 seconds short. If we hadn't had that wipe in the beginning, we would have had it. We can try again next week, but the affixes will be tougher (Teeming, and Skittish). Maybe we'll finally see some Maw keys.


Raiding


Voracity is clearing the early the bosses in Nighthold with little problem. Even our old nemesis, Spellblade, has been one shot the past two weeks. Our gallant band of heroes has hit something a small roadblock in Tichondrius. We tried my friend's suggestion of killing the adds during the 'run and hide' phase, but we found our tank damage was too high, and the healers didn't want to continue with that strategy.

We've got the mechanics down cold, and we are hitting the enrage time on every pull. Either we aren't getting any of the bat phase buffs, or DPS is spending too much time on adds, or something.

The Developers announced a hotfix for Tichondruis on the 17th.

Health reduced by 10% on Normal difficulty.
Enrage timer increased by 60 seconds on Normal difficulty.

With those changes in place, I feel confident we will get Tichondruis down next raid. Our team still has time to finish Nighthold before Tomb of Sargeras drops.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation